There are a million things we with type 1 diabetes have to take into consideration that most other people don’t even know they don’t have to deal with. Like all the equipment we need to bring just to go on a short trip or having to do bolus calculations before e·v·e·r·y single meal (even if it’s “just” counting carbs).
Here are ten things, we think is super annoying about being diabetic.
Which one is your favorite?
1) When you pack for an overnight trip
2) When you do a perfect bolus calculation but you’re still hungry after a meal (and thus keep eating)
3) When you try to remember if you injected before your meal
4) When your BG tests super high but just had something on your finger
5) When you show your logbook to your diabetes specialist
6) When you try to stay awake to treat a low
7) When someone suggests to just “eat right” to cure your diabetes
8) When you find out a new friend has diabetes too
9) When you’ve already brushed your teeth and your last BG test shows a low
10) When you try to figure out how much insulin you need to take with your meal
There are so many more situations that are annoying when you have diabetes (type 1, type 2 and the other types). Which situation is the one you find most irritating?
We’re trying to make things like bolus calculations a lot easier with our app, Hedia Diabetes Assistant. It’s currently available for iOS and lets you bolus calculate based on carb intake. It also uses your “health” app to track how far you walk every day.
Our future app (set to launch in early 2019) will include a food database, take exercise more into consideration, it’ll be available for Android and much, much more. Download Hedia – Diabetes Assistant now, or sign up for our newsletter and be notified once the new app launches.